A 16 vehicle crash on westbound I-90 near Tri-Cities, WA shut down the highway for several hours. The large crash was due to winter weather conditions. Troopers reported 16 vehicles and three semi trucks being involved in this extreme car crash. Reports say only minor injuries were reported from the car accidents. Washington State Department of Transportation is urging drivers to use greater caution in winter driving conditions.
Winter Driving Techniques
The following are a few winter driving techniques to keep in mind before attempting to drive on the snow and ice.
- Know how your car reacts to certain situations. Every vehicle handles differently, especially on wet or icy roads. Knowing how to react to the way your vehicle handles can prove to be very helpful in an emergency situation.
- Make sure your car is well maintained and ready for winter driving. For example, making sure all fluids under the hood are topped off, floor mats are properly installed, headlights are working properly, tires are in good condition, etc.
- Go slow! Remember it is harder to control or stop your vehicle on wet, slick or snow-covered roads.
- Increase your following distance to give yourself extra time to stop.
- Always wear a seat belt and make sure everyone else in the car is buckled also.
- Be prepared by keeping your gas tank full, warm clothes in your car, jumper cables, etc.
- Give a snow plow extra space by not traveling beside them. Also, if you are following a snow plow, leave extra space and don’t stop too close to them.
- If possible, avoid driving in the snow and wait for the storm to pass.
Car Accident and Semi Truck Accident Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been in a semi truck accident or car crash, contact the experienced attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case. Our aggressive and trusted personal injury lawyers will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve. We will take on the cases other attorneys are afraid to take on. Contact the law office of Harvard law grad Mat Parke today for a free consultation at (509) 582-7274. This is your opportunity to discuss your car accident, semi truck accident or other personal injury case with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274