- The turn can be made in safety
- The turn does not interfere with other traffic
- The turn is not being made on a curve
- The turn is not being made on a grade where the vehicle is not visible by other vehicle approaching from either direction
- There is not a sign prohibiting the U-Turn.
You are only permitted to make the U-Turn when ALL of these conditions are met. Failure to meet one or more of these conditions could result in you receiving a ticket, being subject to a fine, or open yourself to liability if an accident occurs.
The Washington Rule of the Road regarding U-Turns is as follows:
RCW 46.61.295: “U” turns.
- The driver of any vehicle shall not turn such vehicle so as to proceed in the opposite direction unless such movement can be made in safety and without interfering with other traffic.
- No vehicle shall be turned so as to proceed in the opposite direction upon any curve, or upon the approach to or near the crest of a grade, where such vehicle cannot be seen by the driver of any other vehicle approaching from either direction within five hundred feet.
Personal Injury Attorney Kennewick, WA
When you are injured due to the negligence of another, you need an experienced and aggressive personal injury attorney to handle your car accident case. The attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm are aggressive, experienced and trusted lawyers in the Tri-Cities. Our lawyers have handled many personal injury cases for clients in Richland, Pasco and Kennewick. Contact the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm today for a free consultation to discuss your case with an attorney. You pay no attorney fees until your case is settled. Call (509) 582-7274 to see if you have a good injury case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274