Large trucks such as semi-trucks, big rigs, tractor trailers, or other commercial vehicles present a unique danger to smaller passenger vehicles. Extra caution should always be used when driving near a semi-truck or similar large vehicle. A seemingly minor driving error such as failing to signal before changing lanes, can become catastrophic when an eighteen-wheeler is involved, especially at high speeds. The following are some common causes of semi-truck accidents that could be avoided.
Semi-Truck Accident is Caused by Car Drivers
Frequently, drivers of passenger vehicles are to blame for semi-truck accidents. The most common reason for unsafe acts committed by car drivers has to do with ignorance of a truck’s abilities. For instance, being able to stop quickly or visibility. The following are more common unsafe acts committed by car drivers that often lead to a semi-truck accident.
- Abruptly changing lanes in front of a large truck.
- Misjudging a truck’s speed and turning in front of the truck.
- Driving in the truck driver’s blind spots.
- Failing to slow down or speed up when a truck is changing lanes or merging onto the roadway.
- Unsafe passing.
- Driving between two or more large trucks.
- Merging improperly into traffic and causing the truck driver to maneuver or brake quickly.
- Failing to get a stalled vehicle completely off the highway.
- Pulling in front of a truck and failing to accelerate sufficiently.
Semi-Truck Accident is Caused by the Truck Driver
Semi-truck drivers are trained to be safe on the road. They are typically skilled and patient drivers for the most part. However, semi-truck accidents are still caused by the fault of the truck driver for the following reasons.
- Inadequate truck driving training. Such as driving techniques, safety concerns, and defensive driving techniques.
- Driving more hours than would normally advisable or safe.
- Systems of compensation that encourage the truck driver to drive at unsafe faster speeds.
- Unrealistic schedules and expectations from trucking companies that encourage drivers to hurry despite safety risks.
Do You Have a Semi-Truck Accident Case? Call Now for a Free Consultation
Semi-truck accident attorneys or tractor-trailer accident lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Kennewickbelieve every client deserves fair representation. Our semi-truck accident lawyers are experienced in representing clients involved in accidents caused by semi-trucks, big rigs, tractor-trailers, or other commercial vehicles. Truck accidents can cause serious injuries and sometimes result in wrongful death claims. Special considerations are owed in handling a semi-truck accident due to the safety of special federal and state laws that regulate trucking companies and their drivers. Let the expert truck accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Tri-Cities, Washington handle your case. Our experienced semi-truck accident attorneys can get you results!
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274