Washington State Police reported a car accident north of Wallula, in Walla Walla County. Officials say a driver pulling into traffic caused a car accident and injured seven people. Four young children and three adults were taken to a nearby medical center by ambulance for evaluation of injuries. The car accident occurred when the driver of a sedan pulled into westbound traffic and collided with an oncoming pickup truck. The children injured in the accident were all riding in the vehicle that had pulled into traffic. Traffic was blocked on Highway 12 while officials investigated the accident. Police say charges are pending.
Tips for Pulling into Traffic Safely
Everyday car accidents occur from a vehicle pulling into traffic when there is insufficient driving space. Often times an accident can be avoided if the oncoming driver is able to stop suddenly or pull over to the side a bit to avoid a collision. However, pulling into traffic safely is a guaranteed way to avoid a car accident. Here are some tips for pulling into traffic safely.
- Be patient for traffic to clear. A sufficient amount of driving space depends on the speed traffic is traveling on the road you are attempting to pull onto. Just be patient.
- Don’t hesitate too much. If you do, wait for traffic to clear again.
- Keep your eyes on the road even when you are stopped. No multi-tasking.
- When making a left turn, turn into only the far-left lane. It is illegal to turn into the far lane.
- Assume other motorists will do something crazy and prepare to avoid it.
- Be aware of all cars around you.
- Don’t attempt to retrieve items on the floor even if you are stopped.
- Secure any cargo on your vehicle that may fall off when you pull into traffic.
Car Accident Attorney in Tri-Cities
If you’ve been involved in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, contact the experienced, trusted and aggressive attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation. We will fight for every penny you are owed. Contact the law office of Harvard law grad and personal injury attorney Mat Parke today. Call (509) 582-7274 now for a free consultation. You pay nothing until we win your case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274