Immediately after a dog bite it is important to know what to do to benefit your health as well as help any legal action that may need to be taken. The dog attack lawyers at Parke Gordon in Tri-Cities have handled many dog bite cases. Our dog bite attorneys understand the necessary steps to take to make sure a dog bite victim receives a fair settlement. There are also some things you need to know in case you or a loved one is bitten by a dog.
Immediately After a Dog Bite
There are several reasons a dog may bite such as a puppy teething or a dog defending his territory. No matter the reason, if it is a significant injury the owner needs to be held responsible. Follow these simple steps immediately after a dog bite for your safety.
- Seek medical attention immediately. If you are losing a lot of blood, call 911 immediately.
- When possible, find out the kind of dog that bit you as well as who the owner is. Knowing the dog owner can help determine if you will need rabies shots.
- See a doctor or visit the emergency room if necessary. Not every dog bite needs immediate attention. However, it is never a bad idea just to be safe. Approximately 15 percent of dog bite wounds become infected.
- Gather the contact information of anyone who may have witnessed the dog bite. Their testimonial could help with your case later.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions to heal properly.
- Do not talk to the insurance company of the dog owner or discuss who was responsible for the dog bite with the dog owner.
Dog Bite Lawyer in Tri-Cities, Washington
Parke Gordon Law Firm has the dog bite lawyers you need to help settle your case. We are experienced, trusted attorneys in the Spokane area who have handled many dog bite cases. Do not hesitate to call our Spokane law firm for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Call today at (509) 582-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274