Washington State Troopers reported a juvenile killed in rollover car accident in Pasco. While driving at night, the driver lost control of the vehicle on I-182. The vehicle struck the barrier and then flipped over. Officials say the driver and the passenger were both conscious when they were taken to a nearby medical center for evaluation of injuries. However, the passenger of the rolled vehicle later died at the medical center. Troopers are still pending charges.
What to do When You Lose Control of a Vehicle to Avoid a Car Accident
- Stay calm. This is not a good time to panic. Though it may be hard not to panic, panicking will only make matters worse. It is common for some people to freeze when they panic while others over-compensate.
- Hold the steering wheel steady. Your first reaction after realizing you’ve lost control may be to let go of the wheel. Don’t do that! Eventually you will regain control of the vehicle and your hands will be ready if you keep them on the steering wheel.
- Shift the car into neutral. Shifting to neutral will cut all power going to your wheels and help you to regain control faster.
- Steer in the direction your back wheels are trying to go. This is another great way to regain control.
- Slow down and straighten out. If you’ve regained control you don’t necessarily have to stop. Just be sure to slow down and straighten out enough that you feel everything is alright.
Car Accident Lawyer Pasco, Washington
After a car accident you need an experienced and professional car accident lawyer on your side to handle your car accident case. Parke Gordon Law Firm has helped many car accident clients in Spokane receive the compensation they deserved from their car accident. Contact the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane today for a free consultation. This is your opportunity to talk to a lawyer on the phone for free about your car accident. Call our Pasco law office today at (509) 582-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274