The mayor of Pasco changed his hobby after a motorcycle accident with a sheep in 2015. Pasco Mayor Matt Watkins suffered significant personal injuries after a motorcycle accident in Wyoming. Injuries included cracked ribs, a broken clavicle and some cuts. Watkins was flown by helicopter to a nearby hospital to be evaluated for injuries. Since the accident, Watkins has decided to pursue other hobbies so he took up flying. NBC Right Now News reports he hopes to travel the world when his term has ended.
How to Avoid a Motorcycle Accident with Animals
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Tri-Cities hope every motorcyclist can be safe while riding. Animals can be just as dangerous to motorcyclists as other vehicles on the road. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you come across an animal standing in the middle of the road while riding a motorcycle.
- Make lots of noise. If you sense an animal maybe near by make as much noise as you can to scare the animal away.
- Use your headlights. If an animal is standing in the road in front of you, turn on your high beams. Hopefully this will scare them away.
- Watch the road signs. Areas populated with animals will typically have warning signs on the side of the road. Pay attention to these and slow down.
- Remember animals often travel in herds. If you see one animal, it’s likely there are more nearby so watch out.
- Be cautious around wild animals. If the animal is not being scared away, turn around and go another way. It is not worth the risk to confront an animal.
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Parke Gordon
The personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon in Tri-Cities understand what is needed to help a motorcycle accident victim. We are well known, trusted and experienced attorneys serving the Tri-Cities area including Kennewick, Pasco, Richland and other surrounding areas. If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, call our law office for a free consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Call now at (509) 582-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274