Call Now For a Free Consultation 509-582-7274

What to Do When There is an Obstruction in Traffic If there is an obstruction in traffic in an intersection, crosswalk, or railroad crossing then you are NOT permitted to enter the area. However, if there is sufficient space for your vehicle along with sufficient space for the safe passage of other vehicles, pedestrians, or railcars on the other side of the intersection, you are permitted to proceed.  Be sure to take due care when going around the obstruction so that you do not cause a car accident or a hazard to others.

Additionally, if there is an obstruction in traffic you should report it to the proper authorities.  Depending on the obstruction you may need to contact the police department, Washington State Department of Transportation, or your local road department so that the hazard created by the obstruction can be removed.

The Washington Rule of the Road governing your responsibility prior to entering an intersection with an obstruction is as follows:

RCW 46.61.202: Stopping when traffic obstructed.

No driver shall enter an intersection or a marked crosswalk or drive onto any railroad grade crossing unless there is sufficient space on the other side of the intersection, crosswalk, or railroad grade crossing to accommodate the vehicle he or she is operating without obstructing the passage of other vehicles, pedestrians, or railroad trains notwithstanding any traffic control signal indications to proceed.

Accident Attorney in Tri-Cities, Washington

When you’ve been injured in a car accident or other personal injury accident, you need a personal injury lawyer in Tri-Cities on your side.  Our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.  Contact the law office of personal injury attorney Mat Parke in Tri-Cities today for a free consultation.  This is your opportunity to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney about your case for free.  Call (509) 582-7274.

Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office

Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now. Parke Gordon LLC 8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274

Parke Gordon

Parke Gordon

Connect With Us