Fatal Car Accident Statistics in Washington State
In the state of Washington, 788 drivers were involved in a fatal car accident in 2015 according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA). Of those persons, 705 of them were over age 21. Car accidents are no joke. Here are some tips to be safe on the road and reduce the risk of a car accident.
Tips to Reduce the Risk of a Car Accident
- Be alert always. Situations change rather quickly on the road. Always keep your eyes on what is in front of you and be aware of what is around you. Never drive under the influence or while tired. Doing so decreases your ability to be alert.
- Pay attention to other drivers. Part of keeping control of a situation is paying attention to what other cars are doing around you. Doing so will make it less likely for you to be caught off guard. Another good thing to do is anticipate what other drivers are going to do. For example, if a car is quickly approaching a truck driving much slower, chances are they are going to cut in front of you.
- Avoid distractions while driving. Driving distracted is much the same as driving drunk. In fact texting while driving is 6X more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk according to NHTSA. Put down your cell phone so you can arrive safely. Read the Top Ten Reason to Put Down Your Cell Phone While Driving for more information.
- Leave plenty of space in front of you. A good rule of thumb is to leave three to four seconds between you and the car in front of you.
- Match your speed with road conditions. The speed limit posted is for ideal road conditions. Make sure not to drive to fast during bad weather or construction areas.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Scan the area around you and check your mirrors every 20 to 30 seconds. When driving, avoid potential dangers by positioning your vehicle where you have the best chance of being seen and seeing.
Hire a Car Accident Attorney from Parke Gordon
If you’ve been in a car accident, hire an attorney to reduce the stress of your case. The car accident attorneys and lawyers at Parke Gordon are highly experienced and trusted. Parke Gordon believes every client deserves fair representation not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Call the law office of Parke Gordon in Tri-Cities today for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274