A Pasco teen is in serious condition and remains unconscious from a head-on car accident that occurred last week. The car accident occurred near the Richland airport when a car being driven by a drunk driver veered into oncoming traffic heading in the opposite direction. The parents of the victim say he is still in intensive care with injuries to his liver, lungs and brain. He also suffers a crushed pelvis, shattered knee, broken wrist, broken vertebrae, broken bones in his face and shoulder and fractured ribs. The drunk driver pleaded innocent at first but later admitted to drinking just 20 minutes before the car accident.
Here are some interesting facts about drugs and alcohol use while driving from the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (NCADD).
- On average, two in three people are involved in a drunk driving car accident in a lifetime.
- In 2011, over 1.2 million drivers nationwide were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
- Approximately 32% of fatal car accidents involve someone intoxicated.
- The leading cause of death for teenagers are car accidents. About a quarter of those car accidents involve underage drinking.
- 3,952 fatally injured drivers tested have tested positive for drugs.
Drunk driving or driving under the influence is a serious act with serious consequences. If you or a loved one has suffered serious pain and suffering in the Tri-Cities area Parke Gordon is here to help. Our attorneys are experienced in maximizing the value of your case and will fight to get you every penny you deserve. We are aggressive and trusted. We will fight to ensure you get a fair settlement. Call (509) 582-7274 for a free consultation. Don’t wait to call a car accident attorney, call us now. We can take the stress out of a claim and we’ll fight to get you full value for your car accident injuries.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274