Riding in the street is the safest place for a bicyclist. However, children under the age of 10 are better off riding on the sidewalk. Children under 10 are not mature enough to make difficult decisions necessary to safely ride in the street. The following are some tips to teach your child to avoid a serious bicycle accident.
- Watch for vehicles coming out or turning into driveways.
- Stop at corners of sidewalks and streets to look for cars.
- Before crossing a street, make eye contact for any drivers who may stop for you.
- Always enter a street at a corner not between parked cars.
- Alert pedestrians on the sidewalk that you are near by saying, “Excuse me,” or “Passing on your left.” You could also use a bell or horn to alert others.
- Always wear a bicycle helmet that fits properly.
- Check the equipment of your bicycle. Be sure the tires are properly inflated; the brakes are working and your bike seat is adjusted correctly for comfort.
Bicycle Accident Injuries in Washington
Bicycle accident injuries are often serious due to the lack of protection to bicyclists and the size and force differences when a vehicle collides with a bicycle. The attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm will help ensure that our bicycle accident clients obtain appropriate medical care and treatment and ensure that the negligent motorist is held accountable. Take the stress out of your bike accident by hiring an experienced bike accident lawyer to settle your case. At Parke Gordon Law Firm, our attorneys believe every client deserves fair representation not just big insurance companies with deep pockets.
Contact the Bicycle Accident Attorneys and Lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm
Contact the personal injury lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm for a free consultation. Our attorneys are on your side and will fight for your rights. This is your opportunity to talk with an experienced attorney about your bicycle accident case. Call the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Kennewick, Washington now at (509) 582-7274. You pay nothing until your case is settled.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274