A three car collision in Richland started when a Kennewick driver swept across several lanes of traffic to avoid being hit. The Kennewick driver told Washington State Patrol he was in the far left lane of traffic heading west on the highway when a pickup crowded his lane. In an attempt to avoid being hit by the pickup, he crossed all other lanes of traffic and ended up crashing into a car waiting to turn off the highway. The impact then sent his vehicle back into traffic and he struck another vehicle. All three cars involved in this car accident were declared totaled. One of the drivers involved suffered a broken leg. No other injuries were reported. Troopers are still reviewing the incident for possible charges.
Tips to Avoid a Car Accident
- Always remember to wear a seatbelt. Also, make sure all passengers in the vehicle are wearing a seat belt. Over 65 percent of rollover fatalities in 2010 were largely due to drivers and passengers not wearing a seatbelt.
- Leave enough space between cars. Always leave driving distance between you and the car in front of you. Doing so will ensure you have enough time to stop or move in the event of an emergency.
- Never drive drunk. Even a good driver cannot perform when intoxicated. Driving intoxicated causes the driver to make unplanned turns, swerving between lanes etc which can lead to a rollover crash.
- Watch road conditions. If the temperature has dropped below freezing, be extra cautious of black ice. When roads are wet or slick, slow down. Road conditions play a huge roll in many rollover crash accidents.
- Reduce speed before a turn. A major reason for a rollover crash is taking a turn too fast. Vehicles will start to swerve sideways if going too fast for a turn.
- Be aware of the height of your vehicle. Taller vehicles will have a greater tendency to top over and roll due to their height. It may be a good idea to choose a vehicle with a low center of gravity and a stable base.
- Balance your tires often. Always have your tires checked and your vehicle well maintained to avoid any kind of car accident.
Kennewick Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, contact the car accident lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. Contact our law office in Kennewick today for a free consultation. Call (509) 582-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274