Over 40 percent of fatal car accidents occur at stop sign intersections. Furthermore, national statistics show that one-third of all car accidents in an intersection occur at a stop sign. That’s about 700,000 car crashes each year. Escape car accidents at stop signs with these three simple tips.
3 Tips to Escape Car Accidents at Stop Signs
- Stop behind the painted line or before the crosswalk. If not markings are present, stop just before the stop sign.
- If another vehicle is stopped at a stop sign ahead of you, count two seconds before moving forward to the stop sign.
- Look for any hazards before proceeding through the stop sign. Look left, right, straight ahead and then left again. Hazards may include someone walking across the street in the cross walk or any like matter.
Common Reasons for Running a Stop Sign
A few common reasons for running a stop sign include:
- Not paying attention
- Rolling stop or failing to come to a complete stop
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Obstructed view
Car Accident Attorney Kennewick
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, semi truck accident or any other personal injury case you need to hire an experienced personal injury attorney right away to receive the best settlement possible. The experienced car accident lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Kennewick understand what it takes to get the best settlement for our clients. Our law firm offers a free case review. Call our Tri-Cities law office now for a free consultation with an experienced and trusted attorney. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. We do not charge by the hour and do not require you to pay a retainer. That means you do not pay anything until we settle your case. You can afford to hire us so call us now to see if you have a good case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274