Winter driving conditions caused multiple car accidents closing Snoqualmie Pass recently. Washington State Police responded to multiple slide offs through Snoqualmie Pass forcing officials to close the summit. Troopers as well as Parke Gordon Law Firm would like to remind everyone to slow down and use caution when driving in bad weather or on slick roads.
Winter Driving Tips
The following are a few tips for winter driving to keep in mind before attempting to drive on the snow and ice.
- Know how your car reacts to certain situations. Every vehicle handles differently, especially on wet or icy roads. Knowing how to react to the way your vehicle handles can prove to be very helpful in an emergency situation.
- Make sure your car is well maintained and ready for winter driving. For example, making sure all fluids under the hood are topped off, floor mats are properly installed, headlights are working properly, tires are in good condition, etc.
- Go slow! Remember it is harder to control or stop your vehicle on wet, slick or snow-covered roads.
- Increase your following distance to give yourself extra time to stop.
- Always wear a seat belt and make sure everyone else in the car is buckled also.
- Be prepared by keeping your gas tank full, warm clothes in your car, jumper cables, etc.
- Give a snow plow extra space by not traveling beside them. Also, if you are following a snow plow, leave extra space and don’t stop too close to them.
- If possible, avoid driving in the snow and wait for the storm to pass.
Auto Accident Attorney in Kennewick
The auto accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm are here to help after a car accident. Contact the law office of personal injury attorney and Harvard law grad Mat Parke today for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Our law firm believes every client deserves fair representation, not just big insurance companies with deep pockets. Let our experienced and knowledgeable attorney help you beat Goliath. Call (509) 582-7274 now for a free case review.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case
Tri-Cities, Washington Law Office
Our Tri-Cities, Washington law office provides legal services to injury clients in and surrounding Tri-Cities, including clients injured in accidents in Kennewick, Pasco, and Richland, Washington. Visit or call our Tri-Cities office now.8905 W Gage Blvd, #200 Kennewick, WA 99336 Phone:(509) 582-7274